What is a selfie?
A photograph taken of oneself, typically taken with a smartphone.
How to take a selfie for your Casting Collective Profile.
1) Take the photo vertically. A smartphone is best, or tablet with a built-in camera or use a desktop computer with built-in camera.
2) Have a white / clear / plain background.
3) Take the image standing.
4) You want to take the image with a bit of space above the head and end just above / mid-chest.
5) Take the photo in a room with clear light, or alternatively outside against a white wall.
6) No filters. The production team want to see you as you are!
7) Do not wear a hat, sunglasses, mask or take it in a mirror. It should look natural with minimum make up.
8) If you have long hair have it down and so we can see its length.
9) A neutral expression is best, maybe a small smile.
When your selfie is uploaded it gets a date stamp, so we know exactly when you uploaded the image.