Skip to content

National Insurance, what's the difference between Class 1, 2, 3 and 4

National Insurance can be a little bit confusing. Have a look at this TABLE to understand the different types of National Insurance.

As a self-employed Supporting Artiste you will most likely be responsible for paying Class 2 National Insurance, but in some instances, you might pay Class 4.

If you think you are owed a National Insurance refund, tale a look at this Government website

You are only considered exempt from NI if you are of state retirement age.

Have a different question? We have over 100 answers for you: here

Feedback and Knowledge Base